Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pseudoephedrine Induced Insomnia

Pseudoephedrine (pretty sure that's not spelled right, sorry) still keeps me up at night.  My sinuses are clear but my headache is gone.  I didn't think about it when my sis offered it to me, I just knew that Tylenol, Advil, and caffeine had not touched the headache, and my head was congested.

Lying here in this state of twitchyness all night got me thinking about a few things.  First, this is the second night in three I've been up all night (Black Friday Madness and all!).  Second, I haven't posted in a long time.

I can attribute my lack of posting to busyness, but aren't we all busy these days.  I know I am not the only one.  Sometimes I will think of something to post about on the hour commute, but it would be hazardous to try to post from my phone at that time.  When I get home all I want to do is snuggle with my little guy, then go to bed.  So writing (not that I do it that well) gets put on the back-burner.  When I do take a minute to think about posting I tend to put it off because I'm on the laptop and don't have the pictures readily accessible (they are on the desktop.)  Which led me to another line of thinking tonight, maybe ya'll are sick of pictures of Wheeler! HAHA! Sure probably not, he is adorable after all.

Then I got to thinking about something my husband said to me lately, that I need to take some time for myself.  While I completely agree that in the busyness of day to day activities, I need to take time for myself, it dawned on me, I am happiest when I am with my family.  My time to myself is a wonderful day with family.  So far this fall Wheeler, John and I have been on short hikes (well with a three year they would be called hikes!), we've been to Cherokee, driving through the mountains a couple of times, to the pumpkin patch, to the park a few times, to Dollywood several times, we've played in the backyard, done crafts, cooked together, and so many more things.  I want Wheeler to grow up and remember that mom and dad may have been busy, but we made time for family.  We did a lot of little things together that make big memories.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! It's those little trips that mean the most!

    ReplyDelete