Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Exhaustion!

Whew! It doesn't take long to forget how hard it is to be a mom and work outside the home (not that it's easy to work at the house either!)  I haven't meant to ignore this little blog, but the beginning of the school year always takes it's toll on me.  This year it's never ending, though.  With new standards and a new teacher evaluation system, and me just being the overachiever I am (ha!) and trying to incorporate so many new things for the kiddos, I am almost overwhelmed with work.  Add to that two hours a day on the road and by the time we make and eat dinner, clean the kitchen, and there's Wheeler time, that doesn't leave much time for anything else.  I keep thinking to myself "what's more important, work, or family."  While I overwhelmingly believe my family is more important, I don't have a choice but to work at this time.  When I'm at work I feel like I'm neglecting my family and when I'm spending uninterrupted time with the family, I feel like my kiddos at school are suffering because I have soooooooooo much I should be doing.  It's such a tricky balance.  I'm not sure I'll ever master it.  I give all I've got to both, and still try to find a little time for myself (thanks to my wonderful husband!)

1 comment: