Thursday, December 22, 2011

My Randomness

I have many random thoughts running around in my head, so here goes.




I love, love, LOVE, L.O.V.E my Kitchenaid Mixer.  I had to get a new mixer back in the spring when I was taking the cake decorating class because the one I had was a cheapie bought for like five bucks one black Friday.  I have actually burned out many a mixer making peanut butter pie in the past, but I kept buying cheap ones.  Then I got my Granny's stand mixer last year, and burned that one up (I don't remember the brand name, but apparently it was no Kitchenaid.)  I have already gotten my money's worth outta this thing.  Wheeler loves to help me mix when we make cupcakes, cookies, and many other delicious confections.  Love.  It!


Baking

Peppermint Cupcake!

Daniel's Birthday cake I made back in May

I love creating new desserts.  It seems to be an inner passion of mine.  I don't have near enough time to bake.  To make a mess of my cozy little kitchen.  I also love that Wheeler loves to help me bake.  It's a great way to spend time with two of my loves.  I so wish there were enough time in the day to do it all, but alas, there is not.


Elf on the Shelf.....Fail


We attempted the elf this year.  I picked one up on Black Friday excited about Wheeler's reaction, what the elf would do, where he would be each morning.  We read the book together.  Wheeler named him Joey.  I'm not sure why.  I'm not sure he's even heard the name before.  But there was Joey Elf.  We all started out so excited....what would Joey tell Santa?  Could Wheeler be good enough for Joey to give a good report?  We even tried bribing Wheeler to eat with "what will Joey tell Santa?"  However, the truth of the matter is, we barely remembered to move him each night.  Then, we left Joey too low, and not fully understanding about the Elf Magic, Wheeler picked him up and loved on him.  That led to sleeping with him.  Now, I truly don't know where Joey is at.  Wheeler doesn't ask about him.  I have looked at several blogs with elaborate scenes of elves.  WHERE do you people find time for this?  While I think the PG pics and setups are HILARIOUS, and I love that some elves leave huge breakfasts, or a swirl of North Pole Magic all around, when!


My Little Guy.


We measured him over the weekend.  He's grown 3/4 of an inch since October 27th.  Almost an inch and a half since his birthday in August.  I got a little teary eyed at this.  He continues to amaze me every single day.  He is so smart, yet so rambunctious.  I personally think he's just like his daddy must have been at three, because I'm suuuurrrreeee I was a good, sweet little girl who always listened to my mom and dad (*cough*cough!)

My Amazing Husband


I wonder every day how in the world I was blessed to marry such a wonderful man.  He is so good to Wheeler and I.  I know my daddy would be so proud.  And that's all I'm gonna say about that right now, 'cause I'm getting a little teary eyed.

Ok, I suppose that's a long enough post.  For now.  There's so much more randomness in my head no jokes please!!!)  I don't know if it's the time of year for reflection, or that my brain just needs to let it all out, but here it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment