Thursday, January 2, 2014

Catching Up- It's December- Caroline's Birthday

Actually, I am going to divide December up a bit.

We began the month celebrating this precious girl's birthday.  I got up that morning feeling so blessed and thankful, considering what all happened surrounding her birth.  (You can read about that here).


I knew I wanted to do a winter wonderland theme for her birthday, because, well, I figure I should do what I want while she can't tell me what we are doing! I really didn't do that much, though, due to the fact that time really ran out on me!

Her smash cake, I made.

Cupcakes and Smash Cake

The hit of the party.....the hot chocolate bar!  
The hot chocolate bar was definitely a hit.  We had dark and white hot cocoa.  The white cocoa I made by mixing six cups of whole milk, two cups of heavy cream, and a package of white chocolate chips.  I heated on the stove until the chips melted, and it was wonderful!  On the bar I had chocolate dipped candy canes, snowman marshmallows, Andes peppermint chips, chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, and whipped cream!  

The birthday girl!  She hates headbands on her head these days!

She was not really into smashing her cake.  Right after she was born my aunt described her as dainty, that's how I would describe her treatment of the smash cake.  In fact, I don't even think she got a really good bite of it.  She just wasn't interested.


This is probably the best pic of all four of us in a while!



No comments:

Post a Comment