Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Catching Up- November

So we're up to November on this first day of January!

The first part of the month was eventful, without being eventful.  We stayed busy and the month flew by, but it wasn't anything picture-worthy.  There was a lot of planning for a certain little girl's upcoming first birthday and Christmas.

We didn't get Dollywood passes this year so we took advantage of their Sevier County Days.  It was pretty warm the day we went.





The day before Thanksgiving was a snow day for us.  We were supposed to have half a day of school but it was called off, we had just enough snow to go out and make a muddy mess!!



That afternoon we decided to head up to Bass Pro to see Santa.  Mom ended up in the Santa pic because baby girl was having nothing to do with Santa this year!  Wheeler, who had been saying he was going to ask for an IPAD all along, asked Santa for........a reindeer!!!!  Luckily, Santa said he'd try to bring a stuffed reindeer because he needed all his.

As a side note, I will say, Bass Pro Shop's Santa Wonderland or whatever they call it....rocked!  Sure they do it to make a buck, but the kids saw Santa, shot air rifles, played with remote control cars and trains, and rode a carousel and we didn't spend a cent!


Wheeler being Wheeler


Her first carousel ride.

We celebrated Thanksgiving with our wonderful family.  These are just a few pics.

 My mom and her sister.

 Making her shopping plan for Black Friday.

With her cousin.

As is tradition, my sis and I went shopping but there are no pictures as evidence.

Also, as I said a few days ago, I just wasn't into the holidays as I wanted to be.  I tried.  I knew we needed to see Santa so I insisted we go on that Wednesday.  I knew we wouldn't be able to go to Dollywood to see the lights unless we went during Sevier County Days, so I insisted we go on that Saturday.  I also knew the kids would enjoy these outings.  I was constantly searching for a feeling, and not finding it.  Don't get me wrong, I loved every second with my family and I cherish the memories we made, but I felt empty.  And rushed.  And pulled in so many directions, as all moms do.  

I'm on a roll!  Hopefully I get Decembers update out this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment