Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Beginning of a New Year

The beginning of a new school year is exhausting!  I leave early and come home late.  I bring work home to do.  I lose my voice.  I love my job, though!  I love the kids, seeing them make new discoveries, helping them.  This year I am blessed with a wonderful class.  They are energetic, enthusiastic, and relatively well behaved!

While I am so excited about this year, I feel a bit overwhelmed.  A couple of my teacher friends and I have decided to change things up a bit, and change them up is what we're doing!  I looked over at my WONDERFUL!!!! assistant at one point today and said "tell me this'll be worth it!"  She quickly told me yes, that what we were doing, while time consuming in the beginning (to learn the routine) is one of the best things we've added in a while (love her and her encouragement!)

I can't wait to see what the year brings, and how these kiddos do. I see great things on the horizon!

Also, I have to give props to my wonderful husband.  He has taken Wheeler to school and picked him up almost every day since school started so that I could go to work early and stay late.  Even though it is in totally the opposite direction of UT.  He also makes sure everything possible is done around the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment