Friday, August 5, 2011

Relaxing

Yesterday was the first day in a LOOOOONGGGGGG time I got to relax.  I took Wheeler to daycare (he goes a couple days a week over the summer to keep him a routine) and I came home.  I had nothing I HAD to do.  Sure there were things I could have done, but nothing immediate.  I didn't know what to do with myself.  I am not used to that.  I had to stay home, though, because contractors were coming to fix our master bedroom from the April hailstorms (finally).

I spent most of my day on the computer.  I have come to love reading blogs, so I checked in on some of my favorites, then I researched first grade blogs and got tons of ideas for my classroom this year.

I baked the cake for the birthday party tomorrow (it's going to take me the better part of the evening to decorate today.)

I read books with my little guy in the afternoon.

I went to bed at 9 o'clock!!!!  That hasn't happened in a long time!

It was so nice not to be multitasking all day like I am usually doing.  I think I am just wired to move all day doing at least two or more things at a time.  When I have a down day, I'm not sure what to do with myself.  It's almost as if I feel like something is wrong and I'm antsy if I don't have many irons in the fire at once.  I seem to be happiest and most productive when I'm busy.

Which is what my weekend will be! Busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment