Friday, April 13, 2012

A to Z "J"

I sure hope I haven't been kicked out of the challenge. I'm a few days behind. Again.

J is for jail.

I am happy to say that I have never been to jail. Not even to visit someone.

What brings this up, you may ask? On Monday, Wheeler and I went to Kohl's. When we pulled in the parking lot there were several cruisers, officers, and a man in handcuffs. Immediately the cruisers drew Wheeler's attention, being the boy that he is. Being his father's son (inquisitive) he began asking questions. "Why that man there with the police officer, mommy?". "What that shiny thing on his arm, mommy?" "Why he take something, mommy?" I tried my best to explain what was happening in a way a three year old might understand. Man, it's hard, though. I want him to know that police officers help, but that they will take you to jail if you break the law. I want him to know that there are people in this world that will hurt you, but I don't want him to be scared of living. I want him to know the importance of helping people, but watch out for youself.

Every time we have seen a police car since Monday, Wheeler will say "that man in his car going to jail" even when there is no one else in the car. Tonight he even saw an officer and he hollered "that police man gonna take someone to jail!"

I've asked him this week if he wants to go to jail and he will tell me "no, jail is for people who steal, I won't steal momma."

Ok, I'm rambling, now, so I shall stop. Just a little something that happened around here this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment